Saturday, January 18, 2014

IUI#1 CD4 - Discouraged

I think today is maybe the most discouraged and scared I've been thus far in my TTC attempts. Yesterday morning I had blood drawn for CD3 blood work. I waited all day for the call from the office with my results, because if the doctor wanted me on Clomid I'd need to get it from my pharmacy that night.



But they didn't call until 4:10 in the afternoon. By then I was in a meeting that didn't get out until after 5, and the office was closed. They left me a voice mail that the doctor had my blood work, she had a plan for me, and I needed to call them before 5 with my pharmacy phone number. Which I take to mean that the doctor did want me on Clomid this cycle. But they didn't say what my FSH was or indicat whether or not there was a problem. It does appear they intended for me to go on meds, but because I couldn't call back before they closed, and because it was Friday, I couldn't get the meds. By the time they reopen on Monday I will be on CD6. Most doctors have you take Clomid from CD3 - CD7, so it will probably be too late if I wait until Monday. All I can think about now is what if that means we have to skip this cycle? And what were my test results? Should I be worried?



I'd posted on the NW Forums and most of the responses indicated that my low AMH could very well be a big problem... Several other ladies there are also dealing with it and having to resort to IVF. Will I have to do IVF? Can I afford it? Am I willing to accept the prospect of a childless life? I realize I am working myself up when it's possible there isn't a major problem.... But it's the not knowing and the inability to get anymore information for the next two days that's killing me. Why oh why couldn't they have called just a little earlier in the day??



Add to that the fact that Friday's work day was particularly stressful and I am just not doing so well today. Trying to keep busy with cleaning and chores and repainting my nails.... But this is going to be a long, long two days until I can call the doctor again. :( Well, in the meantime, here's a pic of last week's pearly white glitter nails. About to take the polish off and do a shaded blue glitter look...



Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment