Tuesday, August 25, 2015

7WK4D - Ultrasound goodies

So I was finally able to get the video off my phone and Kaitlin scanned in the ultrasound printouts for me, and here they are!


So again the dark teardrop-shaped thing is the gestational sac, and the round bright white outline is the yolk sac. But look how much bigger baby is! Floating above the yolk now. The rounder area on the left is the head, and the pointier area to the right is the tail. See the little brighter white spot near the tail? That's a leg that's starting to form. And the whole middle segment, on the screen, is what was pulsing - it's where the heartbeat is. We were able to see little nubs around that area too, that will turn into arms and hands.

And here, friends, is the most fantastic souvenir of our ultrasound visit. Behold the darlingness of this tiny little heartbeat:


All the love. Love love love.

Nausea was maybe the worst yesterday that it's been so far. I had a really hard time at work, trying to focus when I felt so awful. Today's been better... only just starting to get some of the nausea now. Hoping it staves off until after work hours because I have so much to do and really need to be able to bring my A-game...

2 comments:

  1. When the nausea gets to the point where you kind of wish you were unconscious for the next several months because you have a hard time moving? Try half of a Unisom tab (doxylamine succinate, not the gel caps) before bed. It's an antihistamine and Category A for pregnancy. I didn't learn about Unisom until I was almost 10 weeks along, and I took it every night until I delivered at 36+ weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's a great bit of advice, I will have to go pick some up :)

    ReplyDelete