Saturday, December 27, 2014

4WK5D - A Little Better

Last night was rough.  My throat hurt so bad I could barely think about anything else, so I went to bed around eight or so... Woke up at midnight to pee and couldn't go back to sleep, I was just too uncomfortable. So I stayed up for a while surfing on my iPad, and around 3 am was finally able to go back to sleep. Woke up again at 7, used the bathroom, and was actually able to doze off again until about 9.

The sleep has done a lot of good, though I still feel tired. My throat is better, still sore but at least now it's bearable. And, I had an epiphany in the middle of the night about the nursery, which I pitched to Kaitlin this morning and she loves... We're thinking of doing an "It's A Small World" theme. Since one of the things we dream of doing with our kid(s) is taking them with us on international vacations to see the world, it seems like a really apropos theme... And, it's definitely non-gendered. I think I'm going to make a ton of plushies (one of my online friends is a near-expert at it and I've always wanted to try it myself) with the different international costumes, and we'll either arrange them on a shelf or maybe clip them to strings that drape the walls... And Kaitlin will do a big mural, and I'll appliqué a crib blanket and/or bumper or maybe make some Spoonflower fabric for sheets and curtains. Not entirely sure yet what the entire thing will look like but we're excited about it.

I heard back from the Greek clinic last night... Our coordinator's going to send me a prescription so I can order more of the meds I'm on (we only have 11 days of injections left and apparently we have to keep them up for the next 5 weeks.) and, we are supposed to schedule an ultrasound in 2 weeks. I think I am going to try and schedule that with an OB/GYN instead of the fertility clinic, though. I want to find a doctor who will consider me their patient and actually talk to me about what's going on.

Two weeks feels like a really, really long time to go without reassurance that the pregnancy is still progressing like it should. I wish they'd at least let me do HcG tests every week or so. :/ I may end up buying more pregnancy tests just to reassure myself that things are ok.

But anyway, eating spicy soup now and staying in bed today, even though the house really needs cleaning... I want to make sure I've kicked this bug before I have to back to work next week, since I was too sick to get almost anything done yesterday. Maybe I will even take a nap :p

No comments:

Post a Comment