So what I thought was just a quirky pregnancy symptom has, in the last 24 hours, worsened to the point where I now suspect I have a UTI. I've had a couple of them before, never very pleasant, but apparently it sounds like pregnant women are particularly susceptible to them (and partly because of the progesterone in their systems which weaken muscle tone around the urethral tubes, or something??) Seeing as how I'm on 800 mg of progesterone a DAY, it makes sense.
But I've been getting increasingly uncomfortable even as my cold is slowly getting better. I called the OB/GYN today, and after a bunch of shuffling around managed to get an appointment for next week - January 8th - for an ultrasound. They weren't going to see me that early, but I explained to them that I had an IVF transfer in Greece and the Greek clinic needs ultrasound results to ensure my medication dosages, and they managed to get me in. (Hee, I get a u/s at 6 weeks instead of having to wait until 8!)
But a few hours after making the appointment, I was uncomfortable enough to realize that I just can't wait that long to see if this is a UTI and get treatment for it - I'm already a lot less comfortable than I was yesterday and I don't want to do ANYTHING that might end up risking the pregnancy. So, I called my general physician's office and they're going to get me in at 5:20 tonight. Thank goodness. If they prescribe me something, I think I will also end up picking up some cheap pregnancy tests when I pick the prescription up.
In the meantime, trying to eat lots of snacks and stay super hydrated. I am ALMOST caught up on the work that's on my desk from being out... almost. Hopefully by end of the day tomorrow it will be back to normal again.
Also, I am super tired. Then again, I'm often super tired. :P But I think right now it's a combination of trying to fight off this cold and being pregnant. The cold is getting a little better every day. I was able to sleep ok last night, about half as snuffly today as I was yesterday.
Oh, and I finally got the prescription for my progesterone/estrogen/heparin refills from the Greek clinic, and again got to play the fun internet game of where-the-hell-do-i-order-these-from. The place I ordered from last time doesn't carry the heparin. Finally found a UK clinic that offers all three and has 7-day shipping. Which will be cutting it close, but hopefully still get here on time. I sent the order in - around 367 British pounds, no idea how much that's going to be in USD when it's all said and done... guess we'll see. Hoping it will be my last major TTC expenditure, because all the ones going forward should be covered by insurance - yay!!
Now to get through the rest of the day until I can get to the doctor...
No comments:
Post a Comment