Sore throat is gone, but still sneezy and snuffly. However, I got the best sleep last night (almost 8 hours straight) that I've had since we returned from Greece, without any interruptions, and I think that helped a lot.
Definitely nauseous today. At first I thought it might just be my usual morning nausea, especially since I've been making myself eat breakfast. I pretty much always feel sick to my stomach when I wake up, especially if I haven't had enough sleep, and it gets worse if I eat - especially if I eat something sweet. This morning I had some grape-nuts cereal with blueberries, a little honey, and milk, and so on the drive to work I was feeling queasy, but that's pretty par for the course with me.
But, it's afternoon now and it still hasn't gone away. It's not awful or unbearable, just a general sort of background yuck. It's actually less intrusive if I don't think about it and focus on work, so that's what I've been trying to do.
I went to the grocery store on my lunch break, though, and bought myself a Christmas present - the mini-fridge I've had my eye on all year. Since being pregnant's going to require frequent snacks, I figure it's time I had a little fridge at work to store them in. It's still out in my car, though, because I don't want to have to answer a bunch of questions from my staff when I bring it in. I'm going to wait until they've all gone for the day before I bring it in and set it up. Stealth!Fridge. LOL.
Oddly enough, what I am craving right now is leafy greens. Sitting here eating a big salad and my tummy is rejoicing, even through its slightly seasick feeling. Meds are still making me dizzy after each dose - I think I'm going to have to be careful about driving right after I've taken them.
Still having to pee a ridiculous number of times a day. And, while this may be TMI for some folks, how come no one ever talks about feminine itching as a pregnancy symptom? Because I've googled it, and it IS one (thank goodness, because I was starting to think I might have an infection or something.) But of all the stuff I've seen pregnant ladies talk about, this is one that was kind of a surprise. O.o Awkward much??
Right now I am just more grateful than I can express that the sore throat is really and truly gone. That was one of the most uncomfortable ones I've ever had, and dealing with the snuffles now feels like cake in comparison, bah! I did make a call and leave a message for the appointment scheduler at the hospital that's halfway between work and home, but haven't heard back yet. I was having phone trouble earlier this morning so if I don't hear from them in another hour or so I figure I'll call back again. Really looking forward to having an ultrasound appointment date, so that I can put it on my calendar and count down to it. Hoping very, very much that everything's progressing like it's supposed to. Also, it would be really nice to know whether we're looking at twins or a singleton. That question's going to be burning up my brain until we know for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment