Thursday, December 25, 2014

4WK3D - Happy Christmas

Had a lovely Christmas with family this year. Got to FaceTime my youngest brother, who's currently in Laos, and our usual presents/family meal rituals went great. We got pies from Village Inn this year and they were much loved by all.

 photo 10847817_10203863594723084_2940725732947249722_n_zpsab032b2d.jpg
From left to right: Kaitlin, my youngest brother Caleb (via Facetime, because he's hanging out on the beach in Laos, lucky bastard), my dad, my sister-in-law Johanna, my middle brother Christian (Johanna's husband), me (plus tiny dog Cricket and even tinier invisible baby(ies)), my mom, Kaitlin's dad

Unfortunately I've felt sick all day, and it's progressively gotten worse. And I don't mean morning-sickness kind of sick, I mean sneezing, coughing, runny nose sick. It's combined with tiredness and nausea but I really can't tell whether it's part of being pregnant or just because I have a cold. Either way I feel really tired and have a bad sore throat right now, and really don't feel like going back to work tomorrow. I'm glad it will just be for one day before the weekend, though. I need a good long rest.

Hoping the beta tomorrow turns out okay. I'm kind of worried about what being sick could mean for the pregnancy. Sitting here drinking hot water with lemon and honey, because I can't really have tea or take decongestants... Hoping this bug blows over soon. Probably will post some pictures this weekend.

Merry Christmas, everybody. If all goes well, we'll have a little one with us by this time next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment