Wednesday, December 24, 2014

4WK2D - Positive Beta

Here's my test pic from this morning, using a digital test, which was the last one I had left:

 photo photo1_zpsde1ddeb4.jpg

Pretty clear "pregnant" result, so of course I was doing the happydance all the way to the doctor's office for my blood draw. I am kind of disappointed in my RE's office, now. Maybe it's just because all the ladies there didn't want to be working on Christmas Eve, but I really got the sense that they weren't all that happy for me and didn't really want to be working with me. It's been increasing over the last couple months, ever since I started working with the Greek clinic, and they're constantly (I mean, with every visit and every phone call) reminding me that "we're not your doctor anymore."

Which I find really annoying. But anyway, they emailed me the hcg beta results this afternoon:
\ photo Image_zpse117f06e.jpg

In case that's too hard to read, it's 190.1. According to their confusing little chart that seems really low for being around 4 weeks pregnant, which is where I'm at today.... so I was freaking out a little bit. But after a bit of googling and some reassurance from the nice ladies on the NW forum, it looks like my doctor's chart isn't terribly accurate, and 190 is a pretty average number for 17DPO (which is about where I am right now.)

The real test, then, and the next hurdle, is to do the test again on Friday - the day AFTER Christmas - and see if the number doubles like it's supposed to. And then we'll know if we have something viable. I am very very tentatively titling this post with my pregnancy progress date, but waiting until we get our second beta before really and truly rejoicing...

Symptoms today: still peeing like crazy, and (TMI) diarrhea. Spotting is mostly gone, very very faint. Also quite a bit of fatigue and maybe a tiny bit of nausea this afternoon. BUT, that being said, I also didn't sleep well last night... woke up at 1 in the morning with a very scratchy throat. I set up our humidifier and tried to go back to sleep, but the air in my lungs felt really cold and my throat hurt and I was hungry. Got up again, turned on the bedroom heater, went downstairs and ate a bit of cheese, then came back upstairs and continued to lay there without being able to sleep until probably 6 AM... which was right about the time my alarm went off. X.x

So some of what I'm feeling may be because I'm coming down with something. Currently drinking hot water with lemon and I'm going to try and nap for a while since I had a half day at work and Kaitlin's not home from her work shift yet. There are still quite a few things to do to be ready for Christmas tomorrow but right now I'm just too tired... let's see what happens with a little sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment