Usually they don't get the results back until later in the afternoon, but today, by some miracle, by the time I got to work the results were in my inbox:
And we have doubling!! More than doubling, in fact, as we needed at least 380 based on the last test and it's over that. This is really happening, folks. I can hardly believe it, but we are definitely pregnant. They also did a progesterone test:
According to their little chart my progesterone is off-the-charts. Which is hardly surprising since the Greek clinic has me on 800 mg A DAY. It's sounding like we have to keep up with the med schedule for five more weeks. Not happy about having to have those heparin shots daily for that long *shudder* but they're a little less awful when I know that there's really a baby in there.
I emailed the results to the Greek clinic and am now awaiting our next instructions. I'm also going to begin the search for an OB/GYN to take us the rest of the way. I think our next appointment will either be a third beta (if the Greek folks ask for it) OR our first ultrasound, either at 6 or 8 weeks depending on what the clinic asks us to do... but I'm excited to find out.
In the meantime I am suffering through this cold as best I can, sans medicine. I'm taking tylenol and alcohol-free chloraseptic, as the internet says it's okay :P but no tea or my usual drug of choice, decongestant nasal spray. Oh, how I long for nasal spray and sudafed! Apparently an OB/GYN may know of some additional meds I can take that will be safe, but honestly we are SO early into this... and it's such a critical, critical time in baby development, that I'm really concerned about using anything at all. As long as I can get enough sleep to avoid overstressing myself, everything else I will just have to suck it up for.
Still peeing every five minutes. Ugh. Though not as often, it seems, since I started getting this cold, maybe because my body's using more of the water that I'm drinking... Seriously, I am drinking a TON. No real morning sickness yet, though right now it's hard to tell since I do feel pretty tired and a wee bit tummy-sick, but not in any way that would be worse than the usual cold. Meds are still making me dizzy, especially after the lunch and dinnertime doses. But right now it's the sore throat that's bothering me most. Feels like I'm trying to swallow a golf ball that's on fire. Drinking hot water helps, but only a little. I really hope it goes away over the weekend, 'cause I'd like the chance to enjoy this pregnancy thing a little before the morning sickness starts... according to TEH INTARWEBS, 6 weeks in is about when that particular joy begins. :P
So bring on the first trimester, and here's hoping those numbers keep going up as they should and our first ultrasound shows a healthy little proto-human (or two) in there. ^_^
Why no tea?! I've been drinking a fair amount of pregnancy tea and decaf green tea.
ReplyDeleteIt's probably silly but I don't have an official OB GYN yet, and my RE won't tell me anything because I'm "not their patient anymore", and the Greek clinic has some very different understandings about prenatal care than the US... So I don't have a reliable doc to check with regarding the safety of tea-drinking. The almighty internet seems to be of the opinion that tea should be avoided, for an assortment of reasons including inhibiting the absorption of key nutrients. And since I don't have my own medical advisor yet I just want to err on the safe side. We've come so far at this point I'd be miserable if anything that I did inadvertently threw a wrench in things. :/
DeleteI totally understand that - I'm definitely staying away from anything caffeinated or herbal teas that I don't know the effects of. I was just curious! :)
Delete