The days since our transfer have flown by, as they were packed with tours of all kinds of places. We got a ton of photographs, bought way too many souvenirs, and generally had a great time. I spent most of the long bus rides having serious conversations with our embryos, promising them a great life full of amazing travel adventures if they'll just stick around long enough to join us.
I have no idea if it's worked. We have another week to go before we'll know. There are moments when I am confident, and feel certain that our chances are great; and moments when I'm equally certain that nothing's going to change, that this time will be no different than all the others this year, except we'll be $15,000 deeper in debt.
The clinic confirmed we didn't have embryos to freeze. So this is it, our last shot. If it doesn't work we might be able to save up again... in a year or so... if we wanted to try again. But for right now I'm trying to just focus on the possibility-- the PROBABILITY--that we won't need to do it again. We're even talking over second names if we ended up with boy-boy or girl-girl twins. And I'm actually sort of getting used to the idea, a little, of having twins... but there's nothing to do but wait and see.
This next week may be one of the toughest TWW ever.
But, here are a few of my favorite photos from our trip. You can find the full set on our Greece Flickr album.
No comments:
Post a Comment